Using the baby frieze pictures to explore child and adult learning in different forms of play.
- Understand that all children do most of their early learning through playing.
- Understand that parents also learn about their child through play.
Discuss the baby frieze pictures
As a group, look at the baby frieze together. Select a frame to discuss. Talk about what’s happening in the picture and welcome suggestions.
Ask the participants:
- Would you call this play?
- What’s the adult doing?
- What are they doing together?
- What is pēpi learning?
- What is the adult learning?
In pairs, talk about the different frames. Ask participants to note the activity and what’s happening between the pēpi and the adult. Each pair can share back with the group.