The Tākai website is managed by Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children. This privacy statement applies to personal information collected by Tākai.
The data we collect and why
You can use our website without providing any personal information. If you voluntarily provide personal information, for example through online forms or an application for funding, we'll only use that information to communicate with you or process your application.
We'll keep any information we collect secure and will not disclose it to any third parties. If you'd like to view any personal information held by us, if you have any concerns or wish to request correction of personal information, please email us at email@example.com or write to the Privacy Officer.
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children
PO Box 546
Statistical information and cookies
The information Google Analytics collects includes:
- the first three parts of the IP address of the device
- the pages accessed on our site and the links clicked on
- the date and time the site was visited
- the referring site (if any) through which you clicked through to this site
- the operating system, such as Windows 10 or Mac OSX, on the device used
- the type of web browser used, such as Chrome, Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox
- other incidental information, such as screen resolution and the language setting used.
Use of statistical information
- device IP address
- device screen size and type
- browser information
- geographic location (country only)
- preferred language used to display our website.
You may opt-out from having Hotjar collect your information by visiting Hotjar's opt-out page or enabling Do Not Track (DNT) in your browser.
This site generates persistent session cookies (that is, they have an expiry date and are removed on that date) for the purpose of monitoring site usage. The cookies don't collect personal information. You can disable them or clear them out of your web browser without affecting your ability to use the site.
The information provided on our website is intended to provide general parenting and child development information to the public. All reasonable measures have been taken to ensure that the information shared is current and accurate.
It is not intended to, and should not, replace specific, professional advice.
However, you are advised that:
- The information provided does not replace or alter the laws of New Zealand or any other official guidelines or requirements.
- The contents of this website should not be construed as legal advice. Before relying on any information in this website users should independently verify its relevance for their purposes.
- Oranga Tamariki may change, delete, add to, or otherwise amend information contained on this website without notice.
- Oranga Tamariki is not responsible for the contents or reliability of any linked websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. Listing is for convenience only and should not be taken as endorsement of any kind. Oranga Tamariki cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and has no control over availability of the linked pages.
Oranga Tamariki does not implicitly or impliedly endorse any website, organisation, or people who have off-site links to websites managed by Oranga Tamariki.