Understanding how play help babies to learn and develop.
- Understand how children grow and develop.
- Understand how play helps children to learn
Discuss how play helps babies learn
Discuss how play helps pēpi develop in different ways including:
- emotional development
- physical development
- learning and brain development
- talking and reading
- social learning.
Working in pairs, look at some pictures of play – either children on their own or with an adult.
Discuss what’s happening and what the child is experiencing and learning.
Example questions and answers:
- What is baby learning?
- holding myself to balance (physical)
- mirroring each other (social)
- squealing, testing my sound system (talking)
- What feelings do you think pēpi is experiencing?
- my parents loves me (emotional)
- we're having fun (social, emotional).
- A collection of Tākai or other resources with photos of play.