Understanding why babies cry and how to soothe them.
- Recognise what babies are trying to communicate to us.
- Be able to respond positively.
Discuss the reasons babies cry
Watch the Takai video Early days – When your baby cries.
- In this video, parents talk about trying to figure out what their young babies were communicating.
Discuss as a group:
- What did these parents learn about their babies?
- Why do babies cry?
- What are they trying to tell us?
- What can parents do?
- How do we learn to understand babies?
- What have you experienced?
- What do your baby’s cries sound like?
- What do their cries mean?
- Do you have any other ideas?