Discussing how pēpi communicate, and responding to their cues.
- Recognise what babies are trying to communicate to us.
- Respond positively.
Discussing how pēpi communicates
Together with the participants, read Tākai Whakatipu booklet Te Pihinga 1, page 8, ‘Whānau say’, and discuss as a group.
- How do we find out what pēpi needs and wants?
- What relaxes pēpi?
- What upsets pēpi?
- How does pēpi like to be held or fed?
- How does pēpi go to sleep?
- How might pēpi know what we’re feeling?
- How do we respond to what pēpi needs?
- Read the other ‘Whānau say’ sections in the booklet. What are these sections telling us?