Understanding the reasons why pēpi cries.
- Recognise what babies are trying to communicate to us.
- Be able to respond positively.
Talk about the reasons why pēpi cries
Read Tākai Whakatipu booklet Te Pihinga 1, pages 8 and 9, and discuss as a group.
Talk a little about some of the reasons why pēpi might cry. Read the suggestions on things to try, and ask the participants:
- Have you used these ideas?
- What else might you do when pēpi is crying and crying?
- Why do you think pēpi might be soothed by being held and walked around with?
And what about when you’re starting to ‘lose it’ – what do you do?
- Got any good ideas to share?