Our natural environment is full of inspiration for our tamariki
- Have fun and enjoy exploring places and finding things.
- Building language skills around how things feel and what we hear.
- Participate safely in an activity that can be enjoyed in a variety of places by a range of whānau members of different ages.
- Enjoy being outside with whānau at the beach, river or lake, which is sure to be a rich sensory experience that they will remember vividly.
- Build their physical fitness and strength at the same time as their skills and confidence.
Using more te reo Māori
|Te reo Māori||English|
|Hīkoi hīkoi To step, stride, march, walk Maori | Verb||Walk|
|Papa tākaro papa tākaro Sports field, playing field, playground, adventure playground, court, sports stadium Maori | Noun||Playground|
|Ngahuru ngahuru Tenth month of the Māori year, autumn, harvest time - approximately equivalent to March Maori | Noun||Autumn|
|Whiu whiu To toss, throw, fling, drive (animals, etc.), herd, put, place, wield Maori | Verb||To throw|