Giving flowers is a great way to show someone you care. For tamariki, it allows them to explore early maths, learn new words, and improve their observation skills.
Why do it?
Finding and starting collections of outdoor objects helps your tamariki to:
- have fun and enjoy exploring places and finding things
- strengthen their observation skills by looking for things in their environment
- learn new or different words and use them in conversations
- learn to care for their environment and other living things
- explore early maths skills like sorting and grouping when looking through what they’ve collected
Using more te reo Māori
|Te reo Māori