Have some leafy fun Activity
Our natural environment can provide a lot of inspiration for play.
Why do it?
- To encourage children’s curiosity and help them learn to think.
- To teach them to notice things.
- To help them gain knowledge and skills.
- To help extend their language.
How to do it
You’ll need: Sharp eyes, leaves, paper, paints, crayons or glue.
- The leaf game: See who can find the biggest, smallest, brightest, brownest, yellowest or reddest leaf… then hunt again.
- Leafy tracing: Put different leaves under a piece of paper then rub a crayon over the top. Ta daaa!
- Leaf stamps: Paint leaves then carefully stamp them on your paper.
Extra for experts: Draw a tree trunk then glue leaves on as branches.
Using more te reo Māori