Turn cleaning into a game to make it fun and encourage children to be a tidy kiwi. It also provides them with a great opportunity to learn how to follow instructions and learn new language, maths, and social skills.
Why do it?
- Home is the first learning place and the whānau are the first teachers a child has.
- A young child doesn’t always need special learning activities. Simple everyday household activities and routines can provide learning experiences in a familiar environment.
- Having someone who loves them caring and nurturing them is exactly what they need, as it gives them a sense of belonging.
- By learning what adults do, children learn these skills too.
- It provides opportunities for language, maths and social learning.
Using more te reo Māori
|Te reo Māori