Dancing is an activity that releases all our tension. It’s also a way to exercise large muscles, improve imagination, and develop eye-hand coordination. Enjoy all these benefits while having fun together.
Why do it?
- Have some active play when the weather restricts play outdoors.
- Use their large muscles.
- U.se their imaginations
- Develop their hand and eye coordination.
- Copy and create a pattern using their body.
How to do it
You’ll need: Music and your dancing shoes!
Choose a dance:
- Bop to the beat: See if you can tap, clap, high five, or march to the beat!
- Teach a new move: Copy each other’s spins, twists, turns and shakes then put your moves together!
- Play zoo guess who: Take turns dancing as your favourite animals
Using more te reo Māori
|Te reo Māori