Why do it?
It’s an opportunity for parents and whānau to:
- start a collection of treasures for their baby — this is about starting to build a positive relationship
- create something beautiful and meaningful that can be shared with baby when they’re older
- think about what they want to give baby and what they wish for baby.
How to do it
- Find a suitable container with a lid — maybe a shoe box or empty tin.
- Gather stationery supplies:
- sticky tape
- coloured paper
- pens and pencils.
- Collect a range of resources to decorate the container with:
- felt pens
- shells or other natural materials.
- If you’re using natural materials, you might also need a hot glue gun.
Using more reo Māori
|Waka huia||Treasure box|
|Whakarapa||To stick or glue|