Skip to main content
Why do it?
- When a pregnant woman feels stressed, stress hormones are released in her body.
- The hormones pass through her blood to the developing baby.
- Stress hormones affect baby’s developing brain.
- This can have a long-lasting impact on baby’s wellbeing after birth.
How to do it
- Notice your stress levels — stress can affect both parents.
- Explore ways to reduce stress that work for each of you.
- Getting physical helps. Try:
- mowing lawns
- shooting hoops.
- Soothe yourself by:
- having a warm bath
- listening to music.
Using more reo Māori
Used to assist printing with browsers print