Making chalk paint is maths, science, art and fun all in one.
Why do it?
- Mix, weigh and measure ingredients (maths and science).
- Using chalk provides a different experience of drawing.
- It develops hand–eye co-ordination.
- This is an opportunity to be creative.
- It’s easy to clean up afterwards — hose down the path or leave it for the rain to wash away.
Using more te reo Māori
|Te reo Māori||English|
|Tioka tioka Chalk Maori | Noun||Chalk|
|Wai wai Water, juice, liquid Maori | Noun||Water|
|Peita peita Paint Maori | Noun||Paint|
|Tae tae Hue, dye, colour, stain, pigment - not normally used before the names of colours. Maori | Noun||Colour|
|Kōrori kōrori To stir round Maori | Verb||Stir|