Learn how to say thank you in another language
Why do it?
- It encourages language development.
- Being able to listen is a very important skill that supports learning and strengthens relationships.
- Listening games are a fun way to develop listening skills.
- It shows the importance of saying thank you.
- Helps them learn about the world they live in.
How to do it
You’ll need: Great manners and the desire to say “thanks” in different languages.
Try the word slowly, try it together, then see if you can say it on your own.
|Language||Word||How to say it|
|Tongan Mālō Mah-loh||Mālō||Mah-loh|
|Chinese||Xiè xiè||Shee shee|
Using more te reo Māori
|Kia ora||Thank you|