Learn how to say thank you in another language
Why do it?
- It encourages language development.
- Being able to listen is a very important skill that supports learning and strengthens relationships.
- Listening games are a fun way to develop listening skills.
- It shows the importance of saying thank you.
- Helps them learn about the world they live in.
|Language||Word||How to say it|
|Tongan Mālō Mah-loh||Mālō||Mah-loh|
|Chinese||Xiè xiè||Shee shee|
Using more te reo Māori
|Te reo Māori||English|
|Kia ora||Thank you|
|Mihi mihi Speech of greeting, acknowledgement, tribute Maori | Noun||Greetings|
|Tikanga tikanga Correct procedure, custom, habit, lore, method, manner, rule, way, code, meaning, plan, practice, convention, protocol - the customary system of values and practices that have developed over time and are deeply embedded in the social context Maori | Noun||Custom|
|Kōrero kōrero To tell, say, speak, read, talk, address Maori | Verb||Talk, communicate|
|Reo reo Language, dialect, tongue, speech Maori | Noun||Language|