Cuddle up and have a laugh together telling stories
Why do it?
- Use the mother tongue of your whānau.
- Reduce the reliance of devices for entertainment.
- Encourage creativity and imagination.
- Include your tamaiti in the creation of the story.
- Show them that stories can be made up anytime or anywhere.
Using more te reo Māori
|Te reo Māori||English|
|Pohewatanga pohewatanga Imagination Maori | Noun||Imagination|
|Awhiawhi awhiawhi To embrace, cuddle Maori | Verb||Cuddle|
|Reo reo Language, dialect, tongue, speech Maori | Noun||Language|
|Katakata katakata Laughter Maori | Noun||To laugh|