Make a musical instrument using everyday items from your home.
Why do it?
- Waiata and rhymes aregreat for building a child’s memory and confidence.
- Experiences with rhythm and rhyme help promote language development.
- It’s easy to make with your tamaiti using everyday materials.
- Being able to cut with scissors is a useful skill.
- It requires co-ordination, strength in the fine muscles in their hands, and lots of practice.
Using more te reo Māori
|Te reo Māori||English|
|Taupoki taupoki Lid, cover, bottle top Maori | Noun||Lid|
|Pātara pātara Bottle Maori | Noun||Bottle|
|Pīni pīni Bean Maori | Noun||Beans|
|Kōrori kōrori To stir round Maori | Verb||Stir|