Skip to main content
Why do it?
- Thinking about your baby as a person helps you start building a positive relationship with them even before they’re born.
- The quality of the relationship between baby and their parents/whānau is the most important factor in baby’s future happiness and wellbeing.
How to do it
- Write about your feelings while you’re pregnant.
- Write to baby about what hopes and dreams you have for them.
- If you were given three wishes to make for your baby, what would they be?
- You could decorate your letter and frame it for baby’s wall.
- You could keep your letter in the treasure box from the treasure box activity.
Using more reo Māori
|Tuhituhi a ringa
||Write by hand
||Love, affection, compassion, empathy
||Hear, smell, feel
||To desire, wish
||To show affection for
||To support, take care of, protect
||To show kindness to
||Exhibit, display for viewing
|Ā tōna wā
||A time in the future
Used to assist printing with browsers print