Thinking about messages from children on how they want to be treated.
Watch this video together with whānau. Although the children are older than 24 months, the messages are very clear.
Ask the whānau:
- What did you like about the clip?
- What are the main messages the children tell us?
Then ask, what do you think your child would say in response to the following questions? (Imagine what they would say.)
- How should your whānau talk to you?
- How can they help you behave well?
- How can they reward you?
- How can they help you when you’re upset?
- How do you know your whānau love you?
Then ask them to reflect:
- What have you learned from this exercise?
- Can you think of things you can do to help your child?
- Are there other things you would like to know about?
How does this relate to Tākai resources?
Baby wall frieze, Kōrero mai, e aroha ana koe ki ahau – Tell me you love me
Six things children need: